Welcome to our family web log! Subscribe by rss feed or email to get the updates. Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Spencer's Sight




Spencer told us in church a few weeks ago that he couldn't see the hymn numbers up in front. So I took him to the eye doctor. He had a very mild prescription, and only needs to wear them during class. I was not surprised. I had to wear glasses when I was 11, and Shayne started when he was 10. Spencer is only 8, so I guess I didn't think it would be so soon-the eye doctor said that the eyes change usually with every growth spurt-so I figure he probably will only use these glasses for 8 months or so. So I gave him the options from the cheapest frames. And he chose these. I think he actually looks pretty cute. He does not seem to be at all concerned with how he looks or worried what others will think. Partly his being a boy, partly his personality, and partly being 8. I had very very different feelings about my glasses- and tried hard to avoid being seen in them. I'm glad I don't have to deal with what my parents had to with me and my glasses.
This video of Spencer is pretty typical of him-he's a funny kid, but it is embedded through utube, so don't watch any of the randomly selected other videos it offers after ours.

2 comments:

Lori said...

ok, that was so cute. I actually think that is quite a talent to be able to burp the abc's. I could never do that. Those glasses look great! It makes him look so smart!!

Erin said...

What a funny and typical video of your boys. It truly shows their personalities. I think Spencer looks great in his glasses, they suit him!