Welcome to our family web log! Subscribe by rss feed or email to get the updates. Thanks for stopping by.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Young Pianist Amazes Crowd With Recital Debut


Spencer Guffey, age 8, joined the pianist community (including the likes of Elton John, Jim Brickman and Schroeder of Peanuts) with his breakout debut recital. His performance was crowned with ovations from the crowd and requests for return performances. Unfortunately, for the next six months, the artist will only be available by select request for private performance, while he goes back into "artistic reclusion" to prepare for a fall recital. It is reported however that he "will play for pizza" which is understood to be his "nectar of inspiration".

Q -- What do you like about playing the piano?
A -- Spencer: I like to use my fingers,

Q -- What songs do you play for your recital?
A -- Spencer: "Sailor Jack", "Echo Song" and "Morning Prayer". Sailor Jack is my favorite because it is mostly played on the black keys, which are my favorite keys.

Q -- What was it like to play in front of an audience?
A-- Spencer: It was nice, cool, and I liked it because... It really got to want to play the piano more. I was kind of nervous, but I sat up tall and pretended I was playing at home so that I wouldn't be too nervous. I practiced a lot just before the recital too. I even rehearsed for my great grand Parents, Patricia and Jose just before the recital. I also liked listening to the other student's songs.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a cutie Spencer is now. I cannot believe how big he is.