Welcome to our family web log! Subscribe by rss feed or email to get the updates. Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Peralta Trail Hike

For a time now, I have wanted to hike the Peralta Trail in the Superstition Wilderness. Well, Saturday, was my day! This is definitely one of the best and most popular day hikes there is in the area. Fortunately we had an early start, which let us enjoy most of trail in some solemnity, but the return hike was filled with hundreds of hikers, boy scouts, horse back riders, dogs, etc. I love to know that others are enjoying the easily accessible natural areas near town, but i like it even more when it feels like we are farther from the city than we really are.

The hike was made even better by the mild, overcast weather and the the amazing green on the hills. I was hoping to see a few more wildflowers, but they just were not yet in full bloom, I did take several pictures however of some of the early comers.

The trail seemed to be moderate in difficulty, which took about 2.5 hrs for us to complete. The real reward of the trip is the view of weaver's needle from the Fremont's saddle. The view reminded me of Devils Tower in Close Encounters of the Third Kind. With the steady stream of hikers ascending the canyon to that point, it made me think we should sit and wait for the alien ship to arrive and play us a MIDI concert! But instead we turned around and enjoyed the greats view back down the canyon. Enjoy the pictures...

Here is some information about the trail ---> azcentral.com

1 comment:

Melody said...

Looks like a beautiful hike. I'm going to have to try it out. I love the slide show way you display pictures. Cute blog!